Frequently Asked Questions


 What are the government office hours?

The office hours for City Hall are 7:55 a.m. to 4:55 p.m. Monday through Friday.

 Where do I obtain a dog and/or cat license?

Dog and Cat Licenses are available at City Hall, 829 Big Horn Avenue;  please bring proof of rabies vaccination for your pet as we cannot issue a license without this information.  The cost of the license is $12.50 for neutered/spayed animals and $35.00 for those that are not neutered/spayed.

 Who do I contact to reserve a park shelter?

City Hall, 829 Big Horn Avenue or call 307-347-2486.

 Where do I purchase a cemetery plot?

City Hall, 829 Big Horn Avenue; telephone number 307-347-2486.

 Who is responsible for maintenance of sidewalks, curbs and gutter?

The owner of the property is responsible for all maintenance of the sidewalks, curbs and gutter on their property; including all repairs, sweeping and snow removal.  Snow and/or leaves that are removed from sidewalks must be placed on the property or removed entirely and are not to be placed in the City street.

 Where do I obtain a Driver's License?

The Wyoming Department of Transportation Office located at 606 South 12th Street; telephone number 307-347-6528.  Office Hours are Monday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 - 12:00 & 1:00 - 4:30.

 Where do I change my vehicle title and/or obtain license plates and tags?

The Washakie County Treasurer's Office located at 1001 Big Horn Avenue; telephone number 307-347-2031.

 Where do I register to vote?

Washakie County Clerk's Office located at 1001 Big Horn Avenue; telephone number 307-347-3131.

 Who do I call if I want to dig on my property?

New Federally mandated National "Call Before You Dig" Number at 811